Pasta Shells with Ground Beef is a classic and comforting dish for a hearty dinner. This recipe features jumbo pasta shells filled with a savory mixture of ground beef, herbs, and cheese , and baked in the oven until golden and bubbly.
- 8 ounces pasta shells (or any pasta of your choice)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta shells and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until it’s browned and crumbled, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks. Remove any excess fat.
- Add onions and garlic: Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the ground beef. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes: Pour in the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Season the sauce: Add the dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the sauce. Stir to incorporate the seasonings. Let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Combine the pasta and sauce: Add the cooked pasta shells to the skillet with the meat sauce. Gently toss to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
- Add cheese: Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the pasta and sauce mixture. Then, sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Finish in the oven: Preheat your oven’s broiler on high. Place the skillet under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Keep a close eye on it to avoid burning.
- Serve: Remove the skillet from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy your Pasta Shells with Ground Beef!
This dish is a comforting and flavorful meal that the whole family will love.